• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 1 or 2 window weather strip

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
I am looking for the Exterior and Interior window weather strips and the clips that hold them in place. Alpine west had them listed in there catalog but Sue has retired.

John K

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
If I were you I would just install the soft felt ones on the inside. On the outside it's better to install the later rubber ones...

alpine_64

Donation Time
If I were you I would just install the soft felt ones on the inside. On the outside it's better to install the later rubber ones...
Yup.. the SI/II felt anti rattle strips are a terrible system for the exterior seal.. I fitted the later style rubber blade seals to stop water running down into the door .. also finishes the door to window joint I'm a nice way than the recess the felts leave.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Indeed, that's the point Michael. Water ingress from the outside will make the doors rot away in short time. Wonder what Rootes engineering thought when designing the outer "weather" seals on the S1. Furthermore the clips are a nightmare and will bite into the paintwork. That's why I fitted my outer rubber seals with small countersunk self tapping screws...

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Silly me, my 1962 Harrington LeMans only had the felt on the outside, and assumed that the outer weather seals had just been lost. Could not see how they would be mounted though.... A rather poor design. Glad my door bottoms are not rusted out