• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Series 1 Hood for Sale and go to the Scrap/ Junk Yard ?

just-j

Donation Time
I've been trying to sell my lil Series 1 Sunbeam.

Up for sale is a very straight Series 1 Hood $200 Offers

Also available is the Doors with Glass and the Convert top frame
(see my other post).

I will probably be taking the Series 1 to the Scrap.....this coming week.

Let me know..... If you need any parts.

Thanks for looking.

just-j

Donation Time
regarding the Series1 Hood in Arizona

I taken a few pic's of the Hood.
It's Nice and Straight.

$200 plus shipping.

Let me know.

regards,

Send PM

Thx,

Attachments

• hood1.jpg
    hood1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 20
  • hood2.jpg
    hood2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 20

just-j

Donation Time
Thanks for the post.

Are you seriously interested in the Hood ??

I will gladly "give it to you "

** You ** just have to pick-up in Arizona.

Or pay for the "handling & Shipping" charges of $350 to your address.

Thanks for your sincere post.

:confused:

jack Bacon

Donation Time
Lot of people don't know that bulky parts like doors, hoods, seats, etc. can be shipped by Greyhound Bus. I shipped out a set of seats a while back to $65

jack

cal44

Donation Time
Being new too the Sunbeam gig I don't get something. These parts are cheap, in fact in SoCal I can buy whole cars for under a thousand dollars, I didn't write they are running. Granted it cost alot to restore cars but after all, it is a hobby.

Series one car parts without rust? and not one person interested in the fellows spare parts...................like a lover break up........it must be me. Now............if I only had a series one car.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just J,

I have seen a few posts of yours for the parts of your SI, in each you say if not sold you are taking the car to scrap....

Why not offer the whole car for a sum, better than getting nothing, better than scrapping the car.. and perhaps given you are trying to sell panels, it's easier for someone to come and get a whole car instead of posting individual body parts.

Just my 0.02.... but shame to see a car with useful parts scrapped, and breaking a car is going to take time.. not sure how remote you are, but the general feelign i get is its a decent distance.. so you are better off offering a larger package of spares than smaller.. otherwise.. try ebaying them?

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Series I parts

I have personally viewed this car and had a lengthy discussion with the owner, as did Series 6 ( Nick ) on a different occasion. An offer to purchase the entire car was made on the basis that the car was going to be scrapped/crushed. In Arizona scrapping a car requires a title be surrendered to the recycler. The owner does not have a title or bill of sale, but states he has an Arizona MVD dismantling permit, dated 1973. I expressed doubt as to whether an honest recycler would accept a document that is 38 years old as proof of ownership.
I explained that the car is worth more in parts than as a piece of scrap metal. The owner was disinclined to take the car apart himself, citing lack of time, lack of proper tools and the intense Arizona sunshine this time of year.

I made an offer on this Alpine within $100 of his asking price at that time. He declined the offer and indicated he would dismantle it himself and sell off the parts, which is what I intended to do myself with that car.

It has very good rear fenders, both doors and the bonnet. No rust and no dents. Window glass is good in the doors, but the windshield is cracked and not useable. The windshield frame itself is intact and decent. Front fenders are rust free and definitely useable, but both would need body work to make them useable. Front and rear valances are junk as well as the bootlid...too mangled to be worth all the body work that would be required to repair. Owner states he has a lot of the small parts in another storage place, like the bumpers ( one very twisted/bent ) radiator etc. all of which I did not see. The floorboards were covered in trash and old rubber mats but what I could see wasn't pretty....probably not worth the trouble to cut them out.

The owner expressed that he not only did not have the tools to properly cut up the body but did not have the expertise or inclination to cut it up himself. He indicated he did not want to mess with shipping pieces all over the place either. I don't know where this will end up, but there are good parts on the car.