• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ser V Brake Reservoir

Hodee

Donation Time
Anybody know if the SerV brake reservoir fits other years? Other searches have not been helpful. Thanks

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I assume you mean the fluid reservoir and not the vacuum reservoir on the power booster. I believe the Series V is the only Series that had a “remote” reservoir, mounted a short distance from the MC. I believe all other Series had the reservoir as an integral part of the MC. If you have an MC with a fitting where the reservoir goes It’s probably an SV MC so a Series V reservoir will fit , using the remote tube - or maybe even directly.

Tom

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I assume you mean the fluid reservoir and not the vacuum reservoir on the power booster. I believe the Series V is the only Series that had a “remote” reservoir, mounted a short distance from the MC. I believe all other Series had the reservoir as an integral part of the MC. If you have an MC with a fitting where the reservoir goes It’s probably an SV MC so a Series V reservoir will fit , using the remote tube - or maybe even directly.

Tom

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't know if the series 5 reservoir has the same size threads and length as earlier series reservoirs. Seems like they could be different based on photos I have. Or maybe they are the same size and the reservoir needed to move to clear the Stromberg air filter. Sorry, not too useful info.

FYI - Classic Sunbeam sells a reservoir that is used for both their series 4 brake master and series 5 brake master.

Series 4 brake master:

upload_2021-8-16_19-16-4.png

Series 5 brake master:

upload_2021-8-16_19-17-12.png
upload_2021-8-16_19-17-50.png

Mike