• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ser II Alpine for sale

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I'm in a pinch and I may have to sell my absolutely beloved 62 SerII Alpine.

Work and finances have prevented the final few things needed to finish what has been a complete bare metal respray with Glasurit paint and a balanced and blueprinted engine intended for fast road use.

It is finished in Aston Martin Silver Birch (the color of Bonds AM)

The body is nearly show and the few things I need are the A pillar rails either rechromed or replaced, windshield frame rechromed or replaced and and a few other minor odds and ends.

Things it has, in addition to the above, are Isky racing springs and SBII cam, 2 Weber DCOE carbs that have been tuned using an O2 meter and run fast and strong and high twenties MPG when driven fast, custom gas cap with custom body work surround( you have to see it), It has a Vizzard modded head with ported intake and exhaust. It also has Spax shocks up front and the SS oversized anti sway bar, Pertronix ignition, new wiring loom, rechromed bumpers and an entire custom Sunbeam Specialties Interior that needs to be installed. The interior includes new carpets in scarlet and black, red with black piping seat covers and door panels and a new dash pad etc. It even has YELLOW California plates

I have driven this car on a few vintage rallies and around town on the weekends and it is a real head turner. Even with the new interior still in boxes in my garage. ( I do not have a convertible top but I do have the frame and a hard top)

The paint is six inch paint. Meaning you have to be right up close to see any flaws( and that's if you can find any).

Basically a 95% done project and not for a bumpy past year with work and my inability to manage my finances I'm afraid it may have to go.

I'd like to get $9500 for it and at this price I'm loosing about 10K.

Please contact me directly at the following email: ejmwdesign(at)mac(dot)com

P1000605.jpg

wipeout

Donation Time
This car was my desktop picture for a very long time. I've always considered it the best SII ever redone.

Many times I've fantasized about buying it when the owner was crazy enough to sell it....and now that I have my chance...I have no means to do so.

I certainly hope that this beauty goes to someone who appreciates all the work that went into it.

Good luck.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Home equity loan?

My bank had great rates and I just bought my MINI on one of their home equity loans, since it made more sense to buy the car on a loan and use the cash for investing than it did to use the cash. Current rate is 2.99% and you can easily make more than that in the market.

wipeout

Donation Time
Can't do the second until I refi the first. After that...all I have to do is send the family away to a safe place...draw a home equity line...get the car...fake my death...store the car until the insurance pays off....pay off the second...change my name and reunite with the family....

It could work.

:D

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Guys

I may have figured something out that would allow me to keep my Alpine.

Some better work has opened up and I've been able to juggle a few things.

I'm hoping this trend continues so please cross your fingers and I'm sorry I may have gotten some of your hopes up.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again.

Eric

wipeout

Donation Time
Damn....I've been working the wife all week....

Glad you get to keep it and I do hope that all your finances work out. A lot of us are in the same boat.

but if the opportunity arises again....I'll be stalking it ;)

serIIalpine

Donation Time
I just wanted everyone to know that the crisis that may have necessitated the sale of my Series II has be averted with the sale of my daily driver and moving the Ser II up to daily driver status I raised the money I needed AND get to keep my Alpine.

Sorry to disappoint any interested parties.

Thanks

Eric

dirty_benny

Donation Time
Very disappointed, but very happy you get to keep your beutiful car. If you should change your mind or god forbid things don't work out please think of me first.

Ben