• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Selling my 1962 Sunbeam alpine

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I’m selling my alpine after ten years. It is a unique Alpine in that it has all the factory options the available in the day but most did not have when purchased. That is 1) Hard top, 2) Electric overdrive, 3 Oil cooler, and 4 Tonneau cover.
In addition, I rebuilt the Roots redesigned five-bearing 1725cc engine (105.3 cu in) which was installed in Sunbeams after 1965.
Moreover the engine I rebuilt was an unused short block purchased from Rick’s Sunbeam Specialties. This engine was actually manufactured in 1984. I had the aluminum head refurbished by Mintz Machine Shop, SC, and the camshaft was sent to Delta Cams, Tacoma, Washington for their special midrange grind for cams.

I installed an American made Rebel wiring harness designed for the Alpine that includes a fuse block with a full complement of twelve fuses. In addition, all the interior dash lights and exterior lights including the seal beam headlights are LEDs.

All my dash instruments are 1962 originals but I had Nisonger Instruments recondition and convert my mechanical tach to an electronic tach. I also upgraded my vintage clock with Mike Eck’s custom circuit board which regulates the voltage so the clock doesn’t fail as did the original clocks.,

The inclusion of a new Mocal oil cooler, chrome mesh hoses and fittings provides an efficient contemporary oil cooling system. I installed a new soft top during the summer of 2023. The car now has a complement of covers: a tonneau, soft top and hard top.

The new engine is well broken-in at 6,000 miles. The car runs excellently and is a joy to drive on curvy roads with its 4-speed electric overdrive.

Asking: $25,000

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpeg
    IMG_3807.jpeg
    668 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3805.jpeg
    IMG_3805.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3787.jpeg