• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

seat side plates - how are they held on!

gary1725

Donation Time
Hi Folks,

I am almost done with refinishing one of my seats but I am not sure how the 2 side plates are supposed to be held on - I can see that the top hooks over but nothing more. when I dismantled them there was a trim screw and cup at the front and at the back of each plate - this may be the answer but the previous owner did not always fasten everything as they were supposed to be so I thought I would check before just following that path!

thanks as always

Gary

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The screws are correct, but all I have seen had two flathead slotted screws holding them on. I am pretty sure the factory never used trim screws and cups.