• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Seat belts

jmthehermit

Donation Time
What was the correct seat belt used on the Alpines. My Alpine has the ones with the parachute emblem on them. They don't look like the latch would hold too safely. Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
What was the correct seat belt used on the Alpines. My Alpine has the ones with the parachute emblem on them. They don't look like the latch would hold too safely. Jeff

The correct ones for the alpines and tigers are the metal buckle irvin belts, normally in the light grey with the rootes patch sewn on the belt near the securing eye to the floor, there were also some black ones..

These belts were optional on healyes minis etc.. but they didnt have the rootes patch sewn on the belt.

Will see if i can post some pics

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dealers at the time also supplied Kangol belts with a magnetic latch. I have an original black set in my Alpine SV.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Dealers at the time also supplied Kangol belts with a magnetic latch. I have an original black set in my Alpine SV.

I have a set of the Kangol belts that say ROOTES on the buckle but also have the Chrysler pentagram, so maybe the belts changed from Irvin to Kangol after Chrysler stepped in...?

The Kangol belts are 3 point belts,not sure about the Irvin belts.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a set of the Kangol belts that say ROOTES on the buckle but also have the Chrysler pentagram, so maybe the belts changed from Irvin to Kangol after Chrysler stepped in...?

The Kangol belts are 3 point belts,not sure about the Irvin belts.

I will post some pics of the kangols.. my understanding is they came later.. they might have been used on the very last Sv's and MKII Tigers.. but i have seen even the new MII's with the irvin and irving (both spelling so weird!) the later ones are the black plastic with rootes written and chrysler logo.. i feel they are like the radio we debated a while back.. they are for the fastbacks.. and may have been fitted to some of the last cars.. but liekly are a later addition.. the factory alpine and tiger brochures only show the irvin.

Limey

Donation Time
Alpine64,

I rarely feel stunned and nor rarely do I reel when I see some one else's NOS bits but I was so unprepared for your shots of NOS seat belts that I nearly choked on a pretzel!!!

You lucky bleeder!
I had to buy 3 sets to make 1 good one and then have the webbing renewed. Thanks for the pics.

If you didn't have such lax gun laws over there I'd do a raffles on your gaff:D:D:D
Olly

alpine_64

Donation Time
Alpine64,

I rarely feel stunned and nor rarely do I reel when I see some one else's NOS bits but I was so unprepared for your shots of NOS seat belts that I nearly choked on a pretzel!!!

You lucky bleeder!
I had to buy 3 sets to make 1 good one and then have the webbing renewed. Thanks for the pics.

If you didn't have such lax gun laws over there I'd do a raffles on your gaff:D:D:D
Olly

Oliver,

They are not mine, just images i have collected, though i think i should have bought them in retrospect... and again.. i still have ot take that pic of the SII soft top for you!