• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

seam sealer

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
I have my car media blasted down to the orgininal sheet metal. I can't tell if the factory applied seam sealer and it was removed during the media blasting, or if the there was no seam sealer used at the factory. I also welcome any suggestions on treating the seams during restoration. thank you! Kim

mikephillips

Donation Time
There was originally seam sealer, At the backs of the front wheel wells to the fenders, same in the rear wheel wells. Inside the rear fenders to the wells, inside the engine compartment around where the wheel wells meet the firewall, behind the seats in the seam about half way up from the floor, on the rear shelf front where there's a couple slots. Where the floors meet the inner rockers. Those spots off the top of my head.

The original, what was left, was probably completely dried up and loose where it hadn't already fallen off.

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Kim,
You need to apply seam sealer anywhere you see a gap between two surfaces. You want to keep the water out, but also, to let it drain freely. The inner front fender wells will take a considerable amount of sealer.
Jan

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I believe also in Kim's post, she was wondering what kind of sealer?
Kim, if not OK . I used after a good cleaning (you sound like "done that") the seat/sealer for windows. Real sticky stuff:eek: , black, comes in a roll and works like charm.
Good luck in your ventures and
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Chuck in Oregon