• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

SAOCA Bar Badge

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
This is a new badge that I am looking to have produced. It will take 4 to 6 weeks for have them made, I will be making the final design and graphics changes needed for production this week. I would love to know if everyone likes the design? This badge will be a limited order similar to the badge design that was produced for Ohan (the Canadian Sunbeam Club – grill badge). If things go well I hope to bring a number of them to the Invasion along with some other goodies.
All the best,
Andrew

SAOCA Badge
saoca-badge2.jpg

This is the first go on the design of the badge, similar to the historic badge design.
The Lion has been changed a little along with the crown and hat.
I would think the cost will be in the $40.00 range but will confirm.

Air Dam
engine-bay4.jpg

This is just a prototype and been playing with, I have made it white so that you can see it.
I am sure it will direct the air much better. I have also made to upper left and right inner wings to direct air from behind the front grill to the rad.

Andrew

Donation Time
SAOCA Badge

I will start a list and your names will be on it (tfctpa & Mark T).

Andrew

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Well Andrew, you asked.
I just think that after seeing the ones that Ohan had made per your design that these are well, a little plain.
Just my opinion, not trying to be a pain.

Andrew

Donation Time
SAOCA Bar Badage

That is ok Jeff, I need the feed back.
The problem with more detail is the cost. The grill badge that was made for Ohan is fantastic and very costly to produce. You will not see them made again for this cost, so get them while you can! The expression "I lost my shirt" is the statement that one could use when referring to the design and production cost of the Canadian Sunbeam grill badge! Due to the detail in the badge, every badge had to be hand enamelled. The true cost for these badges should be at least double! As I said before, “get one while you canâ€! In short would you purchase a badge for $40.00 or one for $80.00? This is a very hard question as the Canadian Sunbeam badge is an exceptional piece of artwork! I may make up a few samples just to see if there is interest and when there gone there gone.
Thanks for your not Jeff, I will look at the design again and the cost to produce greater detail.:)
Regards,
Andrew

napa 1

Donation Time
Actually Andrew, I really like the bold simplicity of the design. (That may be an oxymoron) Is there any way to incorporate the actual words "Sunbeam Alpine" anywhere on the badge? Just a thought.

Oh, I like your Talbot Dog graphic too. :D

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
That is ok Jeff, I need the feed back.
Regards,
Andrew

And again , just so I don't get slaughtered by everyone else, I DO like the badge.
It just falls short of the BEAUTY of the Canadian badge.
Also Andrew, thanks for the why's and how come's for the design limits.
Here's a thought, just have the badges made and let everyone personaly paint thiers!

I'll go away now.

Andrew

Donation Time
SAOCA Badge

Hi Jeff:
It is good to voice your likes or dislikes and I would hope that you would not be put to the task by others for voicing your opinion. The best way to design is to have a collaborative effort. The design is taken directly from the Sunbeam historic badge (I thought it might be nice to go back to our “Rootesâ€:D ); I will look at the badge design and try to include more text. A posted image will follow soon.
Andrew

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
I think a "Flying toaster" would be awesome!
One of the first questions I always get is how far my car will go on one extension cord!
I wish Sunbeam electrical products had been a different name.

Andrew

Donation Time
SAOCA Badge

I think a "Flying toaster" would be awesome!
One of the first questions I always get is how far my car will go on one extension cord!
I wish Sunbeam electrical products had been a different name.

Hi Jeff:
Yes, I think we all have received a wise crack or two!
I have received comments like: "is it a rear or side bagger", "I don't think it will fit on my kitchen counter" or “can you get a rotisserie attachment for it! I caulk it all up to jealousy as I think our cars look fantastic!
Back to your "Flying toaster" idea.......NO!:D
I don't think it will look good on my badge bar!
Andrew