• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S3 soft-top webbing - treatment on end of webbing

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hello all,
I am (very!) slowly getting around to installing a replacement soft-top on my S3 Alpine.

I have remnants of the original webbing that runs from the header rail to the two back rails. At the points they are rivetted onto the rails the webbing looks to have a hard substance coated onto it. I suspect it was to give the webbing a bit more body for the rivets to grip onto.

Does anyone know what that hard material would be?

I am guessing it is dried contact cement. Similar yellowish colour, would be easy to apply at install time. Just want to make sure before I go ahead installing the webbing.

Cheers,
Paul.

Firebuff

Donation Time
Pease document..

I also have a soft top that needs installed.. could you please take pictures and document the process.. need all the helpmi ca get.