• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

S2 Soft top holder

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
Attempting to install the soft top holder (sling) I got with the interior kit from SS.

It's substantially different from the original. Any ideas how this is supposed to go?

Attached is one jpg with the old in back of the new and the other the old on top of the new.

Thanks

Attachments

• sling 1.jpg
    sling 1.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 31
  • sling 2.jpg
    sling 2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 31

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The top is riveted to the bottom of the frame, going fender to fender. The bottom is fitted w/ a metal rod [actually a rolled tube] and each end is fitted in small clipsnear each fender well, forming a sling catching the top when folded in place.
You will/should be able to see the holes where rivets are to be placed.

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
all well and good, to put the old one back, the issue is, the new sling doesn't fit, the end that should take the rod is too long, and there is a cup sewn in at each end. See attached, two of the cup, top and bottom, and one comparison of the new over the old.

I'm considering making a small slit at each end of the loop side equal to the length of the original and see if it might work. Or just cut it off and restitch.

Thanks for the input.

Attachments

• sling 3.jpg
    sling 3.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 15
  • sling 4.jpg
    sling 4.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 15
  • sling 5.jpg
    sling 5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 15

jmahall

Silver Level Sponsor
PS: the distance, front (rod end) to back (rivet end) is 2 1/2" shorter. Maybe this isn't even the sling but something else?
I'm emailing Rick and see if he knows.