• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rubber

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
It's come to my attention that the early Alpine hard top rear window rubber currently available has no provision for the stainless trim.

I came to this revelation as the set from Paul's collection has an offer of 100 bucks, and the claim is you can't get a channeled rubber.

If I had a sample I could drop it by a leading manufacturer in the area. Plus Amy other suggestions.

If SS is on the block we all need to be concerned about rubber and other bits being available.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Warren you reffering to the alpine I/II hardtops or the s3-V.

If the early tops.. the runner with the profile for the stainless trim was NLA for a long time

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Michael, early why would I be concerned with something that's already made by Sunbeam Specialties.
Should have just talked to Steve A. We are both beating about the same things including BaT which seems to be more like Buy a done Trailerable....

alpine_64

Donation Time
Michael, early why would I be concerned with something that's already made by Sunbeam Specialties.
Should have just talked to Steve A. We are both beating about the same things including BaT which seems to be more like Buy a done Trailerable....
There is a supplier in the UK I believe that has the early top rear window seal that allows for the stainless trims.

SS had a basic seal without the recess and retaining bead ( iirc).
I had a new seal with my alpine when I bought it that was for a hardtop rear window and could accept the stainless trim. I was told it was from SS in the early 90s. As I didn't have an HT when I got the car I didn't ever try it.
When I got a HT window and seal were in good condition. I later acquired 2 more tops, 1 with the original seal and stainless in place.. I've been debating about removing it and cutting the seal to see if someone like Scott's rubbers can repro it.

I was then informed around 2014 that one of the UK suppliers had made a seal that works for the early tops and stainless trim ....not tried one so can't verify....but worth touching base with the UK suppliers

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I was thinking about visiting the maker of parts and thought I'd pile up the to do list. My second hand story from a pal of Steve is it's a PiTA to install. Possibly I'll just toss the set on eBay UK and focus on the Tiger bits

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have recently been denied shipping to the USA by several UK Sellers of parts they offer. Can't understand why?

A couple times they have referenced me to Global Shipping? If we try buying rubber from the UK and they deny a sale what is next?

I have had a couple guys suggest I get a "local" out of the UK buy for me, but that would add the VAT to my items.

Any idea what all this is about?