• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rotisserie?

Ktapply

Donation Time
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.. if not please let me know.....

Anyone out there care to comment on experience with rotisseries? I am looking at the Bottoms Up Lift from Accesible systems,

http://www.accessiblesystems.com/bul/bul.php

I purchased a body cart from these folks a few years ago and it is very well built. The company was a pleasure to deal with.....

I am in the midst of resorting a 62' SII and have the chore of removing quite a bit of after market under coating that one of the P.O.'s generously applied to the wheel surrounds as well as removing some bad body work in the rockers. Being able to allow this 54 year old body to stand erect to do this work and not having molten under coating dripping down my collar (as Bashby says "Gravity is not your friend while doing this job laying on your back under the car") would be a HUGE plus for me. Seems like a decent investment.

Anyway.. Any experience you may have is always welcome.

Thanks....

KT....

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
rotisseries?

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this discussion.. if not please let me know.....

Anyone out there care to comment on experience with I am looking at the Bottoms Up Lift from Accessible systems,

http://www.accessiblesystems.com/bul/bul.php

I purchased a body cart from these folks a few years ago and it is very well built. The company was a pleasure to deal with.....

I am in the midst of resorting a 62' SII and have the chore of removing quite a bit of after market under coating that one of the P.O.'s generously applied to the wheel surrounds as well as removing some bad body work in the rockers. Being able to allow this 54 year old body to stand erect to do this work and not having molten under coating dripping down my collar (as Bashby says "Gravity is not your friend while doing this job laying on your back under the car") would be a HUGE plus for me. Seems like a decent investment.

Anyway.. Any experience you may have is always welcome.

Thanks....

KT....[/QUOTE

KT,

I made my own from some Plans I found on the InterNet and modified them to suit what I wanted or needed for my '67 SV Alpine.

Send me your Email and I'll send you the Plans and some PIC's.

I believe I made my unit for about $850.00 in materials. Welding was donated by a friend.

Happy Touring,

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Hi, KT
I cant comment about commercial products since I built my own, but I did quite a bit of internet research before getting started and learned quite a lot that way.
Having used mine extensively over the last six months or so I cant imagine being without it! I have a Harbor Freight winch on one end to rotate it and after getting the balance adjusted right it works great. So far Ive removed about half of the full layer of undercoat, all while standing erect. ( No sore back at night) Also doing some modifications under the cowl (dash) like sitting at a desk ( on a milk crate) with the body upside down above me.
Get one!...Afraid I cant reccomend a brand to buy.