• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes gearlock key

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Not sure whether anybody can help me but I' m seeking for the key blank code for an original Rootes gearlock. They were offered as an accessory and disabled gearshift when engaged. Have 3 of those but unfortunately none came with a key . Also a picture would help...

Rootes 66

Donation Time
The key profile of the early forward facing lock differs from the late rear facing,
I have some of the late style blanks somewhere, I'll try to sort them for May if you're coming to Coventry,
Pete

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pete,

Really reat thanks.
I only have late ones (looking to the rea). Yes will go to Coventry and bring a sample...

mattinoz

Donation Time
The key profile of the early forward facing lock differs from the late rear facing,
I have some of the late style blanks somewhere, I'll try to sort them for May if you're coming to Coventry,
Pete
Hi Pete,

I have a shift lock fitted to my SV and would love to get an original blank if possible. If you turn them up please consider sending one to OZ

Rootes 66

Donation Time
It has taken a bit of finding but at last I've located a key blank for the rear facing Gearlever lock, the code is W77D. (WS 5) Key Profile code CC 0 - 1000
NOTE: Not WAS 5
They are available on Ebay in the Germany, Australia and the USA
Pete

Last edited: