• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rootes archive centre trust

C

clodico

I just recieved this info from a local sunbeam tiger club and thought I would pass it along. The Rootes archive houses the entire engineering department library (tech drawings, blueprints etc.) from the '50's to the '80's. If this info has already been posted, sorry about the double post. Heres the web address: http://www.rootesarchivecentre.com/

Tullamore

Donation Time
Wonder why when they list the cars they have stuff for they don't mention Alpine.

If you browse the images they have a lot of original artwork of the Alpine and Tiger.

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
They have some great prints and products based on the original marketing artwork, a few Alpine, but lots of other Rootes vehicles there too. I got some great christmas cards and mouse pads from them, and they were very helpful and quick to deliver.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I would think that members of England's SAOC might have a better idea of the Alpine material contained in the archives. Has anything appeared in The Horn lately?

skywords

Donation Time
I've made this post myself three times and no interest. Yet several request have appeared in different posts for drawings and dimensions of components. I still am not sure what the archives have and what they don't Alpine related. I would think if they have the production drawings it would be benificial to all of us to have a club officer inquire. They say they deal with clubs.

As it stands to this day and to my knowledge nothing has been done. I will not contact them as a representitive of SAOCA for I have no authority to do so.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've made this post myself three times and no interest. Yet several request have appeared in different posts for drawings and dimensions of components. I still am not sure what the archives have and what they don't Alpine related. I would think if they have the production drawings it would be benificial to all of us to have a club officer inquire. They say they deal with clubs.

As it stands to this day and to my knowledge nothing has been done. I will not contact them as a representitive of SAOCA for I have no authority to do so.

I get updates from time to time as to their progress in sorting, documenting, and organizing the inventory. I've been holding off pursuing anything until they get better organized.