• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Roll Bar, Carpet and the Battery Box?

chris

Donation Time
I’m thinking of installing a roll bar in my SV and was wondering how others have dealt with access to the battery box. The cleanest way I can think of wound to be cut a hole in the carpet and have someone do some sewing to keep the carpet from coming apart. Short of doing that, I’d have to remove the roll bar every time I need to get to the battery. I don’t know if it can be done, but my goal is to not have the carpet modification visible. Any Ideas?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
There are show bars out there designed with Alpines in mind there that clear the battery box lid. If you put an ad in the Wanted section, you'll probably find one quickly.

One thing to consider: if you're tall, how much padding do you plan on installing? The chances of rolling over an Alpine are pretty small, the chances of being rear-ended are much higher. I just pulled the bar out of my Series V after 15 years (it can still be re-installed in case I get another chance at a 'play day' at the local track) because I'm pretty sure that if I was ever rear-ended at anything more than 15mph, my skull would crack like an egg on the bar.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Roll bar/Battery

Or you could put the battery in the trunk like the Tigers.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I’m thinking of installing a roll bar in my SV and was wondering how others have dealt with access to the battery box. The cleanest way I can think of wound to be cut a hole in the carpet and have someone do some sewing to keep the carpet from coming apart. Short of doing that, I’d have to remove the roll bar every time I need to get to the battery. I don’t know if it can be done, but my goal is to not have the carpet modification visible. Any Ideas?

Chris, I don't see the SV.. The battery box is the same as the S ll ? I put in a roll bar, the carpet was already cut out tto fit and glued on to the metal cover. The roll bar fit right around the box,, close but not a problem .. The roll bar is a AUTO POWER Accesories , San Diago Ca. 92110. I do have to do some contorting to get the battery out but there is room.
Cheers
chuck