• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reupholstered Console

jfcroni

Donation Time
Check out my newest project... I reupholstered the console and lined it with felt... it came out great.

Attachments

• 20171231_133225.jpg
    20171231_133225.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 20171231_133217.jpg
    20171231_133217.jpg
    395.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20171231_133204.jpg
    20171231_133204.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 20171231_133200.jpg
    20171231_133200.jpg
    357.8 KB · Views: 88

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Nice job. What material did you use for the exterior?
Gina
Indeed it is a nice job of lining the box... Excellent outer edge work too. I have not been able to get mine to look as good.

Noticed the "lock" is not installed? Do you plan to have one? I left the lock out when I restored my '67 SV Commodore Blue. Just did not see a need for it. During the United XXXVI in Va Sept 2017, my Alpine was judged in the Personalized Class and points were taken away because "no lock".... and checking my door locks to see if they worked also, funny that little things like that will penalize in the Personalized Class?

Keep up the good work on your Alpine, attention to detail pays off:)

Keep'em-on-the-Road

65beam

Donation Time
Indeed it is a nice job of lining the box... Excellent outer edge work too. I have not been able to get mine to look as good.

Noticed the "lock" is not installed? Do you plan to have one? I left the lock out when I restored my '67 SV Commodore Blue. Just did not see a need for it. During the United XXXVI in Va Sept 2017, my Alpine was judged in the Personalized Class and points were taken away because "no lock".... and checking my door locks to see if they worked also, funny that little things like that will penalize in the Personalized Class?

Keep up the good work on your Alpine, attention to detail pays off:)

Keep'em-on-the-Road
Dan,
Locks are part of the function check. At the bottom of the judging sheet it says that if the vehicle did not have one of the items being checked that points will be awarded. There are cars that did not have heaters but console locks and door locks were on every car built. Change to electric operated locks and you may get points.

jfcroni

Donation Time
I used a vinyl by Stradling, I found at Joanne Fabrics. One yard was $19.00 but on sale for $10.00. It's a good double ply... so it can be stretched/pulled in all directions. I used 3m spray contact cement for most of it and I brushed Ace contact cement on the edges. The lock will go back in once I get a key made. I used a thick felt for the inside. I cut templates from still paper for the sides and bottom... transferred to the felt and use the 3m spray for adhere.