• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Removing Badgesand Letters

John Souders

Donation Time
Am ready for paint. Is there a trick to removing the clips that go on the plastic posts that hold the individual sunbeam letters on? I tried to remove one and managed to snap the plastic post so it's time to rethink. Any other hints about getting the badges off undamaged? Thanks

beamS3

Donation Time
John do a search under badge / emblem removal. I think those letters should be pot metal not PLASTIC.:)

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sometimes you can use a credit card, wiggle it under the surround and lift slightly go around the whole thing lifting a little each time until it comes off.
The letters on the boot lid need the speed clip removed from the back(inside the boot)
Tom j

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, the surrounds use what is called a spire clip; you may or may not be able to re-use yours as they rust and get brittle; Take one w/ you to a paint/body supply store and they will have what you need but you may have to buy many more than you need.
For the letters I replaced the speed nuts w/ a small piece of plastic[stiff] which will not rust and is easy to get off if the need arises. I made a cross hatch w/ a small screwdriver tip and it slipped right on and held tight.