• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Registry

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
There used to be registry on the web site that listed all of the cars that were found by VIN. I can't seem to find it.

I have an engine the came from and Alpine that was not the same vin as the car I found it in. (sitting in the front seat). The number on the block is
B9202421.

The engine has been sitting in one of my storage units for about 8 years. Before that it was sitting in a parts car in a field for about 10+ years. At first glance I thought it would probably be rusted out on the inside. Tonight I tore it apart and found that it might not be so bad. I am going to have it dipped and then we will finish taking it apart and see what we have as far as rebuildability.

If anyone is interested in the engine (valve cover was broken, fuel pump broken, exhaust manifold rusted out) let me know. Right now it looks like the Block, head, crank, rods, and intake manifold with one carb might be okay.

Is the registry still functioning and who do I send info to. One of the cars I was working on turned out to be pretty much bent beyond my repair capabilites and I would be willing to let it go for a minimal amount other wise I will cut it up for parts. (To be honest, I don't think the body is salvagable. The front clip was replaced at some point and it noses to the left several inches).

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yep, that's me! Belive it or not I had trouble logging in to access the registry, although it was no ones fault, except mine (dim and aching brain!) Just go on the "contact us" portion of the site & email me with your info and I'll get it posted for you!

Cheers!
Steve