• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Recommended side mirrors ?

beijing_ken

Donation Time
Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend some side mirrors other than the small round ones that came on the car; I do want something that looks good but I also want a larger-sized mirror for safety sake.

Thanks,

Ken

PS - photos speak louder than words. :cool:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Ken,

Do you want a round mirror or rectangular? In regards to visibility with the mirrors on sunbeams, placement on the body and length of stem has a large influence on field of vision.

Hope you are enjoying your golden week break.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
If you are going for safety, none of the mirrors near the door are really going to help that much. I highly suggest Lucas curved mirrors for the fenders - like on MG TCs and TDs. I had them on my SV for years. Once you have them set right, it's just a flick of the eyes, and you know instantly if there is a car next to you.

That said, some don't think they look completely right on an Alpine. I liked them. And with PL Lucas tripods, they really look great - IMHO.

But, then I'm now running curved Raydots on the doors.

bashby

Donation Time
Ken,
On my SV, I used motorcycle mirrors, made a mount to add into the wind wings, had it chromed, had safety glass cut to size and mounted the mirrors into the bracket them there. Great field of view, fall easily to the eye and no drilling on the body.

Attachments

• IMG_0511r.JPG
    IMG_0511r.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0512r.JPG
    IMG_0512r.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Ext-Mirrors_IMG_0497r.jpg
    Ext-Mirrors_IMG_0497r.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 42