• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rebuild hardtop

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Re-doing a rust free S3-5 hardtop my brother found on Craigslist and gave me. Got the parts from sunbeam specialties. The back corner pads are bigger than the old rotted ones I took off. Actually looks like a better design. The new ones cover the little 3" rail that makes the turn from side to back to hold the long rubber seal that runs in a U from side window to side window along the back section. So, finally, the question. Do I remove the short rail (2 rivets) at the corner to install the new rubber corner piece?

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Since the back corner pad fit so well I went ahead and removed those corner rails. Sunbeam Specialties said that the top was a very late one and most didn't have them. I put them in a well labeled ziplock bag.