• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear wheel hub leak/drip??

Twoputt

Donation Time
My 67 Alpine has developed a leak/drip coming from inside the left rear wheel hub, any ideas on what the cause/fix could be? Thanks for any input!

pruyter

Donation Time
You need a new oil seal, the oil you have noticed is coming from the differential.

Regards,

Peter

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
It could also be brake fluid coming from a leaking line / fitting / wheel cylinder.

Diff lube and brake fluid are very different; use your hands / eyes / nose / common sense to figure out which you have.

Last edited:

65beam

Donation Time
I've always thought that Rootes expected some leakage because they did design a weep opening and drain into the seal/bearing cover.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
65beam I think the weep hole and routing of any leaking oil away from the brake shoes is fairly common on a lot of cars, it is a safety feature.

Tim R

65beam

Donation Time
There you go! Selling oil is how I have been able to own so many Beams so bring on the leaks!

Last edited: