• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Sear Cushion Option

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
... which is a nice addition to any Sports, especially if you transport persons or children in the back...

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have an original rear cushion that I rescued from a wrecked car 40 years ago my buddy that is an upholsterer said he would make a copy for my series V
Gordon.. Do you mean the single cushion that goes sull width in the back?

There were several stypes.. A sI/II thin pleated one that came on all early cars. A s3/IV one with different width pleats and a different one used for GTs that was slightly thicker had a regular shape at the sides to match the GT sides and larger pleats and a central pleat aligned to the arm rest.

All of the above are available from various sunbeam suplliers

There were several stypes.. A sI/II thin pleated one that came on all early cars. A s3/IV one with different width pleats and a different one used for GTs that was slightly thicker had a regular shape at the sides to match the GT sides and larger pleats and a central pleat aligned to the arm rest.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
All the GTs had a rear seat cushion with central pleat amd thicker and different profile to match the "rear seat" sides
The cushion that I have is a full width one with pleats evenly spaced I believe the grain is longhorn it is about two inches thick I don’t remember what series car it was in when I rescued it

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor

You say that they are available can you send me a list of suppliers

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, Gordon, I’ve seen the full-width cushions many times, but never these thick individual ones. If anyone else has a pair I’d love to see a photo to compare against mine.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes, Gordon, I’ve seen the full-width cushions many times, but never these thick individual ones. If anyone else has a pair I’d love to see a photo to compare against mine.
I have to dig out my cushion it is in storage. My wife and I are in the process of moving

65beam

Donation Time
Gordon,
I could have it made for you by the shop that does my upholstery shop if you wanted to send it to me. You've seen my cars so you know he's capable. This photo shows the cushions he made for the Harrington.110_0266.JPG

ALC 68A

Donation Time
My series V GT had a full width cushion on the rear parcel shelf it is about 1" thick and has the same seams and features as the side and door trims
The Series V GT wasn't sold in the USA, unlike in Oz and here in the UK, so most of our friends on this site won't have seen one. That being said, it is pretty similar to the later type Series IV GT, after the deletion of the contrasting coloured piping.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon,
I could have it made for you by the shop that does my upholstery shop if you wanted to send it to me. You've seen my cars so you know he's capable. This photo shows the cushions he made for the Harrington.View attachment 17012
Bob your cars are superb I could not make it to Wisconsin due to family comitents. Congratulations on winning with your Harrington. I had lunch with Roger Plasket on Tuesday he gave me the rundown on the United. Thank you for your offer to have your guy make a rear cushion for me. Rite now I am in the process of gathering parts for the engine overhaul on my SV I have a new cam, lifters and such this next week my oldest stepson and I are finishing the interior and doing the brakes. I will keep your kind offer to get your guy for the cushion in mind if my can’t do it. Roy my upholstery guy is into Triumphs gt6 tr4 tr6 are his cars all done in leather the guy that owns the upholstery shop was a year behind me in high school and is also a neighbor.
I need to find a 4” king dick adjustable spanner and one smaller wrench for my tool roll do you have any ideas?

65beam

Donation Time
Bob your cars are superb I could not make it to Wisconsin due to family comitents. Congratulations on winning with your Harrington. I had lunch with Roger Plasket on Tuesday he gave me the rundown on the United. Thank you for your offer to have your guy make a rear cushion for me. Rite now I am in the process of gathering parts for the engine overhaul on my SV I have a new cam, lifters and such this next week my oldest stepson and I are finishing the interior and doing the brakes. I will keep your kind offer to get your guy for the cushion in mind if my can’t do it. Roy my upholstery guy is into Triumphs gt6 tr4 tr6 are his cars all done in leather the guy that owns the upholstery shop was a year behind me in high school and is also a neighbor.
I need to find a 4” king dick adjustable spanner and one smaller wrench for my tool roll do you have any ideas?
Gordon,
I have the tools. Let me know what you need. FYI, Roger left the United with one of my Alpine models that will be displayed at the Archives. He also gave me some insight concerning the history of the Harrington. The Alpine was not registered when it left the Alpine assembly line.

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon,
I have the tools. Let me know what you need. FYI, Roger left the United with one of my Alpine models that will be displayed at the Archives. He also gave me some insight concerning the history of the Harrington. The Alpine was not registered when it left the Alpine assembly line.
Bob I have 3 wrenches 13/16 x 11/16, 9/16 x 1/2, 1/2 x 7/16 I need whatever the fourth wrench is all are super slim. I need a 4” king Dick Spanner. Incidentally Moss has Lucas distributor keys and XKs unlimited has tire valve keys in brass s1&2 yellow plastic s3-5. E-mail me what the wrenches cost and your address and I will send payment.
gholsinger@aol.com

Limey

Donation Time
I picked up a couple of pairs a few years back on Ebay. I've just brought them down from the attic (excuse the dust) I magine a heavier adult would have appreciated the additional padding but not that they put the crown of you head nearer the roof being 3.5 inches thick

Oliver

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1659.jpg
    IMG_1659.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1660.jpg
    IMG_1660.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Oliver... If you need some floor seating for marshmallows round the fireplace.. Beanbags would have been fine...

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Mine have no zippers either. However, mine have the same 16 pleats on each side, and they look to be about the same thickness. Mine are not filled with any sort of foam - I suspect they are filled with horsehair or some similar natural padding.