• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Center Trim Strip, Series V

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Hello all. My friends upholsterer lost the Rear Center Trim Strip. The long piece of three that holds the vinyl top to the body. He's in the Chatsworth CA. area if that matters. Well, maybe it does if a "Good Buddy Neighbor" has an extra one.
Anyway, I suggested that he could probably make one pretty easily, but didn't care for that idea. I can understand that, I'm mostly that way.
Anyway, can we help out a fellow Sunbeamer? Probably just looking for a "fair" price.

Another Alpine on the road.

Thanks,
Jim

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello all. My friends upholsterer lost the Rear Center Trim Strip. The long piece of three that holds the vinyl top to the body. He's in the Chatsworth CA. area if that matters. Well, maybe it does if a "Good Buddy Neighbor" has an extra one.
Anyway, I suggested that he could probably make one pretty easily, but didn't care for that idea. I can understand that, I'm mostly that way.
Anyway, can we help out a fellow Sunbeamer? Probably just looking for a "fair" price.

Another Alpine on the road.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim they are around used. They were all precision drilled one from an earlier car may work

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,
If your friend is willing to pay for postage, I have a few of them and would be happy to help out.
If that works, PM me.
Cheers!
Steve

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Thank you Steve for your offer, I was excited about telling Ernesto about this, and he just told me he bought one on eBay, so looks like we won't be needing this afterall.
Again, thanks to everyone who got involved in this.
Regards:
Jim Jordan

RootesRooter

Donation Time
"The long piece of three that holds the vinyl top to the body...."

Hopefully I'm misreading this and your upholsterer isn't about to make a rookie mistake. It's only the center back piece that holds the softtop to the body. If you attach the top via the side pieces, you won't be able to fully stow the softtop in the well.