• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Brake Drum Locktabs

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
As a guess, probably the same metal as the lock tab used on the flywheel bolts - and possibly zinc plated.

Now, is it straight or curved?

What size bolts and holes?

Since the drum is the same and bolted through the existing holes, the bolt circle should be 4.25 inches. Now you just need to figure the chord length of a line segment extending from 0 degrees to 90 degrees for hole center to center distance.

Last thought, do you want it to have the "tabs" or just make it wide enough to use the corners of the strip to be the tabs?

A strip cut from a heavy duty tin can might work, depends on your esthetic priorities.

Thread locker is still a better choice.

Just a thought,
I think thread locker is the way to go just out of a safety and secure standpoint, but I was curious just for those who go out of their way to keep their Pines bone stock. It's one of those odd pieces you'd expect to have still in production and come in some sort of kit, especially since they're for brakes. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I've never seen them before and it's just interesting to me.