• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear brake cylinder dust cover

Durhamguy

Platinum Level Sponsor
Were the original dust covers metal per picture? The Alpine is a S4. I have replacements from SS which are rubber. I have leak on rear pass side, so looking to replace. At moment just figuring out what is what per wsm and parts I got from SS. Also appears to be peice of wire wrapped around cylinder from previous owner, could that be in place of clips (which I have)? Thanks for input.

20230325_113318.jpg

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
The rubber boots fit on that oval metal piece, the wire is not required. Be sure to put the boot on BEFORE you attach the brake line or e brake pin.