• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Readying rusty rotors

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
I noticed the S IV's brake rotors are sorta rusty, maybe a lot rusty.

A buddy wants to dremel them.

Sounds like a bad idea but I don't know brakes like I will before they are done:) .

He thinks there's too much rust to let new pads clean the rotors.

Not too sure about a wire dremel though.

Any thoughts or comments would be most welcome!

Thanks.

Allan

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Don't know anything about the brush he is going to use, but wire brushes typically polish a surface. That is not good for brake rotors or drums. Take the rotors (still on the hubs) to someplace that does brake jobs and have them cleaned up. It will only be a few thou. You will have the proper finish and total cost should be around $20.

Bill

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Don't know anything about the brush he is going to use, but wire brushes typically polish a surface. That is not good for brake rotors or drums. Take the rotors (still on the hubs) to someplace that does brake jobs and have them cleaned up. It will only be a few thou. You will have the proper finish and total cost should be around $20.

Bill

Bill, thanks. No need to take a risky shortcut; will take the rotors to a shop.

Allan