• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ranger V6 Parts

Jim E

Donation Time
Yep all needed, I would ask the seller if he has all three items am not clear from the listing if there is an oil pan. None of the stuff is hard to find around here but the oil filter adaptor is a real pain to remove. Just hard to get at. I look for them on 2.9 Rangers they are bad to bust heads and you can find them in the yards with the heads removed which makes removing the adaptor a lot easier.

It is worth 30 bucks not to have to take the stuff off a donor Ranger

George Farrell

Donation Time
Jim S

I got the Ranger parts. I saw the listing for the distributor this guy has and from the photo thought he might have other 2.8 stuff, so I contacted him. He said he had the pan, oil filter adaptor and oil pickup and would list them for $30 "Buy it Now" .

You could have beaten me to the punch!

George

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I wouldn't have posted the link if I wanted to buy them myself! :D It was a good buy and I am glad someone here got it. I bought a junk Ranger engine about 6 years ago, just in case I decided to head down the path to the Dark Side. So, I already have pretty much everything I need. Except, of course, my SIV back from the body shop!

And, speaking of heading down that path, George: does this mean you are heading in this direction too?

George Farrell

Donation Time
Jim

Last month I bought a rolling chassis Serive V, with no structural rust, but no drivetrain, bumpers, seats, on-and-on. Figuring I have a five-year project on my hands, I started on the body without any definite idea of what I would use for power. Then last week a 2.8 fell into my posession and the decision was made. I've got a T-5, so I will just be checking junk yards, and e-bay for the remaining stuff, but holding out for good deals. By the way the project car looks a lot like Matt Wiencek's project.

George

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Congratulations. I bought my engine first, although that is not the engine I am planning on using. I later found a good deal on a stock rebuilt Mustang II engine and grabbed that, so the first one just donated the Ranger stuff. Plus, I may one day decide that the stock 2.8 - even with Jose's headers, recommended cam, and Holley 4-barrel - isn't enough. Then the Ranger engine will be my starting point for the next upgrade. At this point, I think I have everything I need mechanically, but I am probably missing a few things I'll discover when I get to the point of needing them.

Mine wasn't intended to be a five year project, but may turn out that way. I'm not doing the body work myself. The shell (a rolling chassis like yours) is completely rust free, but requires body work that is beyond my ability to do to the standard I would like. Getting the body work done well and affordably is going to take so long that I bought the S3. That one is within my ability. What will happen when I have three running Alpines is anyone's guess.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
oil filter adapter

Jim S

I got the Ranger parts. I saw the listing for the distributor this guy has and from the photo thought he might have other 2.8 stuff, so I contacted him. He said he had the pan, oil filter adaptor and oil pickup and would list them for $30 "Buy it Now" .

You could have beaten me to the punch!

George

George, I am curious to find out if I have the correct adapter for my conversion.
The one I have is drop down , w/ the top section connected to the block via a center bolt. Does that sound right?
thanks

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Doug,

You have the correct adapter. The stock mustang II V6 had the filter screwing into the passenger side of the block. The Correct adapter bolts to the side of the block, but the filter screws straight up into the adapter. The adapter allows for a full size filter, yet you have clearance to the frame rail for the filter.

Jose :)

George, I am curious to find out if I have the correct adapter for my conversion.
The one I have is drop down , w/ the top section connected to the block via a center bolt. Does that sound right?
thanks