• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radiator

McFly

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi folks! New here to the forum. Anyone have a recommendation for aftermarket radiator???
Have a 66 series v.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I prefer the copper core three tube and as many fins up to 16 or 17 per inch for the Sunbeam.

I have extremely excellent results utilizing this type for my Alpines, especially the V6 Conversions.

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
I had my stock shell re-cored with modern guts to fix the leaky original radiator.

51959168987_12ac0c09ff_b.jpg

fireroad

Donation Time
I recomend using one of the shops that will make an exact copy of your radiator in aluminum. I used FSR out of Memphis TN and have been very happy with the results. Cost for the radiator and to ship both ways was less that having original recored. Copper is better at conducting heat than aluminum, but aluminum is able to radiate the heat into the air better than copper because of its lower density. There are ceramic coating available now that will increase the heat transfer and make the change less conspicious.

gary1725

Donation Time
Alpine innovations in the UK have a nice aluminium radiator with electric fans - I fitted it and love it.