• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Radiator Cap

chris

Donation Time
I have a radiator cap rated at 18 LBS on my V6 conversion. The other day my brother told me that the proper cap for the Alpine radiator is a 16 LBS cap. I don’t know how he remembered that but according the book at NAPA he was right. Am I in danger of doing damage to the radiator by allowing too much presser? I’d hate to burst a seam or something.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Alpine cap is a 7 psi unit. Probably will not do any damage to the radiator, but the heater core will swell and be difficult to remove. Might even burst, I don't know.

Bill