• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race Engine - Roller Cam advice needed?

sorenluckins

Donation Time
Hello. Ive got a custom built 1960's racecar that Im restoring that runs a 1500 rootes engine. Photo of racecar below. Ive found roller rockers from 'the Creative Workshop' in Florida, but Im trying to find the source of the roller cam components in the image below (random photo found in a google search). Any tips would be appreciated....

Attachments

• Toron-Image3_SMALL.jpg
    Toron-Image3_SMALL.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 63
  • md_368.jpg
    md_368.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 70

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hello. Ive got a custom built 1960's racecar that Im restoring that runs a 1500 rootes engine. Photo of racecar below. Ive found roller rockers from 'the Creative Workshop' in Florida, but Im trying to find the source of the roller cam components in the image below (random photo found in a google search). Any tips would be appreciated....

Thats bryan holmes turbo roller 1725 setup.... all custom work.. he is on this forum.. hopefully he will see your post and you can get in touch.. he used to have a site myturboalpine.com

tigretr

Donation Time
Sorenluckins,
Thanks Jarrid for letting my know about the inquiry here.

Yes, that is my roller cam and accessories. Unfortunately the parts you see are only a small portion of the puzzle to make the whole thing work. The interface with the cam timing gear is that of a small block Ford, thus requiring you to make some sort of adaptation to a Ford timing system or changing the design of the cam to fit the sunbeam timing gear (not recommended). If you would like more info you can go my website

http://www.myturboalpine.com/mysunbeamalpine/Parts.html

or send me an email to tigretr@gmail.com and I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.

Brian