• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Q4

skywords

Donation Time
Finally went back to work today on the Series 1 Quad 4 install. I have been away from it for about two months. I installed the pilot brg. and the throw out brg. It is adjustable and the clearance between the pressure plate fingers and the front brg face is .100 to .125. I measured and discovered that it would not work, after realizing I did not subtract the scale width that I was using my dial caliper against it was magically doable Duuuuh.

I will attempt to install the tranny after the engine is in place for I think I can move the whole assembly forward enough to get the tail in the cruciform after the mating.

Two of my fellow Southern Arizona Sunbeamers came by to check my progress and chew the fat. We did a little horse trading I gave up a nice Series 1 early steering wheel and a new Series 1 brake M/C and a heater trougth for two sets of pistons +.020 and +.030 Hepalite I think they are called. I don't know who got the better deal but what the heck it was a fun day.

I opened my recently purchased carpit set from SS they look very nice.