• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pretty Paris

skywords

Donation Time
I heard they were releasing little miss Hilton and I damn near threw up. I can bitch about it because I have a mentally ill son who has been rotting in a Califonia jail for over three years without a trial. I didn't think that was even possible, he might as well be in Guantanamo. I wish his name was Hilton at least maybe he'd have a trial.

It's a gloomy subject but I feel .000000000000000000000019 % better thanks

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I have a horror story about the California Justice System, also, but we won't devulge it at this point. Yes Rick, it does feel a little bit better to vent some now and then.

Nickodell

Donation Time
I just heard that the original judge just ordered her to appear in court today (Friday) at 9am. After her last performance - appearing 30 minutes late - and what I imagine is her inability to get out of bed (anyone's) before 11, I pray that she'll be late again and this time the jusge will really throw the book at her.

In any event, the only reason for his order must be to have her prove what dire medical emergency warrants her release. I don't think a distaste for prison food will be enough. Hopefully he will order her back in the pokey. I would like him to sanction the sheriff who ordered her release, too; surely that was contempt of court.

Rick; that must be heart-wrenching for you. I can't even begin to think of the anguish you must feel regarding your son.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Rick
That must be a hell of a situation to be in.I can only offer our prayers for you and your son.
We do know sorrow as our second son passed last year to prostate cancer.He would be 43 today.Life can be truly unfair.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Just another reason I have NO faith in politics, lawyers, the judicial system, or Doctors for that matter.
I don't by any means condone the behavior of some of these people who "snap" and cause violence to inocent people out of frustration and utter hopelesness, but I regretfully see why on occasion.
Poeple have no way of being heard anymore, or maybe it's that when heard, there is just no care.
If she doesn't go back to jail, I will lose any scrap of faith I have left in justice, and the system that controls it.
What lesson will this teach her and all the kids that "look-up" to her?
In the words of the late great John Wayne,
"Re God-damn diculous!"

mikephillips

Donation Time
Her family's done her no favors by allowing the behavior we've all seen over the last few years. And the lack of mental challenges and work requirements to force some kind of feeling of responsibility only means that when her parents are gone that someone else will get to own the Hilton Hotel chain since neither she nor her sister have the ability to run it.

Hope the judge tosses her back in jail for a little experience with what the rest of us would face in similiar circumstances.

skywords

Donation Time
Rick
That must be a hell of a situation to be in.I can only offer our prayers for you and your son.
We do know sorrow as our second son passed last year to prostate cancer.He would be 43 today.Life can be truly unfair.

Chuck
By comparision I am the lucky one, I am sorry for your loss I can't image. I am 50 and my son is 26 and I have a 6 and 9 year old. They are the top of the list. It is a good thing we have distractions like these cars. This must be a tough day for you. There must be some master plan for us all.

Last year one of my long time freinds lost his 40 year old son, he was driving his tractor on a hillside and it rolled.

Keep the Faith

Nickodell

Donation Time
You sure Nick?? That would be sorta like buying a used taxi, may not be that old but think of the mileage.....

To misquote a Monty Python line: I think they should heavily tax Paris Hilton. And I think she would heavily tax me. However, I will martyr myself in the "pro bono publico" spirit.