• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

picture request code 61 series 3

the ghoul

Donation Time
Ok
I just looked up my color combo code;
it turns out I have a code 61
Quartz Blue Metallic with Light Blue upholstry & Dark Blue piping. Light Blue carpets
any body have pics of these?
I dont think I have ever seen this combo, but then again I am still new to these cars.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Congratulations - you have one of the rarest color combinations for the Series 3, and in my 25+ years of chasing Alpines I've never seen a restored Series 3 with that combination.

But all is not lost - Jan Servaites (jumpinjan) has color matched the Quartz Blue Metallic, and any good upholstery shop will be able to make up a correct light blue interior.

I would love to see this car restored with this combination, but looking at your pictures on the other thread I'd say you've got other things to worry about for now! :)

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Congratulations! You have just inherited one of the most expensive and costly diseases you could have ever come in contact with. No hospital will touch you, no doctor will take you as a patient. No insureance company will underwrite you!
But, you do have a color code 61 car, witch is even better than 69. I have also never seen one but have seen the interior in a series 4, very nice!

Welcome to the Series III club.

Paul

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
That's true, I guess I have seen that interior combination on a Series IV as well. John Boggis in the UK owns an original Serues IV GT with only 8,500 miles on the clock, and his interior is the light blue with dark blue piping and light blue carpets. The exterior color is Balmoral Gray.

Go out to our photo gallery and find the pictures of this car - it may inspire you to do the interior this way.

the ghoul

Donation Time
your kidding me!
There was seats and door panels in this car, but they just looked light grey with dark grey piping... I dont know if there is enough good material to get a good color match.... the resto parts company I have been dealing with sez they have 10 colors to choose from on the seats, but Im thinking they just offer standards...
Congratulations - you have one of the rarest color combinations for the Series 3, and in my 25+ years of chasing Alpines I've never seen a restored Series 3 with that combination.

But all is not lost - Jan Servaites (jumpinjan) has color matched the Quartz Blue Metallic, and any good upholstery shop will be able to make up a correct light blue interior.

I would love to see this car restored with this combination, but looking at your pictures on the other thread I'd say you've got other things to worry about for now! :)

trust me I have had this disease for a while, I just have never had an outlet for it till now!!!
Congratulations! You have just inherited one of the most expensive and costly diseases you could have ever come in contact with. No hospital will touch you, no doctor will take you as a patient. No insureance company will underwrite you!
But, you do have a color code 61 car, witch is even better than 69. I have also never seen one but have seen the interior in a series 4, very nice!

Welcome to the Series III club.

Paul

the ghoul

Donation Time
yeah I will,
the intirror is what im most stuck on, like I said mine is so sun faded its tough to tell.
That's true, I guess I have seen that interior combination on a Series IV as well. John Boggis in the UK owns an original Serues IV GT with only 8,500 miles on the clock, and his interior is the light blue with dark blue piping and light blue carpets. The exterior color is Balmoral Gray.

Go out to our photo gallery and find the pictures of this car - it may inspire you to do the interior this way.

the ghoul

Donation Time
here are fairly good pics of the stock color and the bets bit of intiror I could find (armpit of the seat). I guess my sight might be off because it looks mostly grey on grey.
8-20-08003.jpg

8-20-08004.jpg

John Boggis

Donation Time
Hi... I'm not sure the colour of my Interior is correct for your car.

My Interior is Azure blue with dark blue piping and Azure blue carpets.

Yours should be light blue interior with dark blue piping and light blue carpets.

Now...are these the same colours ? I don't know.

the ghoul

Donation Time
thank you so very much for sending the pictures !
it does look like your interior is a more vibrant blue than mine, then again its tough for me to judge it because my seats are so sun faded!
you pictures will serve me well as loose reference though.
also, I cant believe how clean your car is! it looks amazing!!
thank you again

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
John, does your car not have a heater? It looks like the blower switch is blanked off.

G

Gregory

Nice theme for an Alpine!!
The color combination can really turns heads, congratulations!
Just wish my Series III were that far along!!
I think I've got the roughest III ST on the block!
Next, is a series of questions to forum...
What can I do with B9204543 LRX, 67 SB
SAL 027878?
Hope you're all really looking forward to the Invasion!
It'll be a few years before I see driving Alpine to join you!
Best of All Good goings to All there!!
Gregory

the ghoul

Donation Time
that far along??!!
how bad is yours?
lol
mine is farily rough, just about the only thing I have going is I think I have sorced out some body metal, and Ive dropped a bit of money or rebuild stuff, new seals, new top, and a new dash.
Nice theme for an Alpine!!
The color combination can really turns heads, congratulations!
Just wish my Series III were that far along!!
I think I've got the roughest III ST on the block!
Next, is a series of questions to forum...
What can I do with B9204543 LRX, 67 SB
SAL 027878?
Hope you're all really looking forward to the Invasion!
It'll be a few years before I see driving Alpine to join you!
Best of All Good goings to All there!!
Gregory

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Paint Code 61

I don't have photo of the Quartz Metalic Blue. But I bet it's nicer than the
# 53 Wedgwood Blue mine is supposed to be.
Ditzler used to have the coded paint # 12818 as did Dulux enamel #96750.
This color (61) was for Tiger and series lll only as you may know.
Chuck

the ghoul

Donation Time
I don't have photo of the Quartz Metalic Blue. But I bet it's nicer than the
# 53 Wedgwood Blue mine is supposed to be.
Ditzler used to have the coded paint # 12818 as did Dulux enamel #96750.
This color (61) was for Tiger and series lll only as you may know.
Chuck
awesome info
thank you!

the ghoul

Donation Time
scott,
thank you so very much for this picture of my sister car in sweeden!
Its a series 3, and it appears to have the correct intirror as well. I think this color combo will be sharp in person.
I cant wait!
code61.jpg

John Boggis

Donation Time
John, does your car not have a heater? It looks like the blower switch is blanked off.

Yes the car has a heater...The heater controls are the two sliders at the top of the dash. You just pull out the chrome slider and that puts the blower on.

If you would like to see higher res pics of the interior let me have your e-mail...send it to me privately.

Regards.

G

Gregory

How now that Series Three ST

Dear Fellas,
Long time since a well deserved reply.
Just thought I'd give a recent report on SAL 027878.
B 9204543 LRX
67 SB
"Well, just about time for the title fixin's,
and the question has again been raised,
should I choose what bit of virtue my III may still have;
or let it just sit out and go graze."

Seems,
to be honest, mine isn't worth the plant of any decent engine,
so I figure there may be some particular Alpine III ST sheet metal here.
Add one former Sports Tourer to the scrapping out list!
I really like the stories of Ian S. and Scott C.,
so I'll keep mine to the minimum,
and may the tetanus vaccine shot I received be the safe call of duty.

Anyone interested in a how-to what-to-do with the Factory Tags?
All three are intact.
Any Suggestions, Anyone?
Gregory in Albuquerque.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Gregory, If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems that your car is going
to that special "Sunbeam" resting place. I've got your numbers and will record them in the Series 3 registry. There, at the very least, it will be immortized!

Cheers!
Steve

the ghoul

Donation Time
Seems,
to be honest, mine isn't worth the plant of any decent engine,

Im very sorry you cant save her...
Im on the other side of that coin and feel the I might be heading blisfully down the wrong road... one of those darned if you do, darned if you dont.
Im going to need a lot of metal so hit me up when you start to part.

Hi Gregory, If I'm reading your post correctly, it seems that your car is going
to that special "Sunbeam" resting place. I've got your numbers and will record them in the Series 3 registry. There, at the very least, it will be immortized!

Cheers!
Steve
steve, I have not forgotten about the registry.
I am still in a bit of a grid lock with the owner over the paperwork. She keeps saying that she can find the titel, and I keep telling here it might not be needed, all i need is a bill of sale... ect.....
so Im reluctant to publish the vin just yet.
as soon as I do I will let you know