• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pics of my car

dcalpine

Donation Time
Hi All,
Finally got my car back from paint and took it for a spin. Series IV with 1725 and dual stromberg 150's. This is my first car ever to work on as I am not a mechanic but thoroughly enjoy reading the forum and learning all I can. Thanks to a great group here participating and helping the novice folks like me. This car sat for 20+ years in a workshop on blocks before being rescued and so nice to feel the wind behind the wheel. The car came with buckets of parts from 2 series 5 parts cars I believe. It initially fired up, then immediately spun a rod and engine had to be rebuilt. Interior is next but i've been sidelined for now with 4 month old triplets at home.

Thanks to everyone on this board.

Dan

Attachments

• DSCN1423_lr.jpg
    DSCN1423_lr.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN1424_lr.jpg
    DSCN1424_lr.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1425_lr.jpg
    DSCN1425_lr.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1426_lr.jpg
    DSCN1426_lr.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN1427_lr.jpg
    DSCN1427_lr.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 96

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Triplets will sideline a project every time. Its good you have been able to get it to the driving stage. Have fun.

Bill

mikephillips

Donation Time
Sounds like you're going to need 2 more eventually. Otherwise how will you decide who gets the keys when they're all 16.....:D

dcalpine

Donation Time
Thanks Allan...found the rings in one of the parts buckets and liked the look better than the sets of non peaked also with the car.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
Congratulations! Sorry I can't offer any sage advice in raising three kids at once, but you have done a good job w/ your car, so I'll bet you will be a great Dad too.