• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Overdrive Warning Light

Asm109

Donation Time
The first alpine owner who was more worried about losing charge than spinning a bearing.... Mark this wasnt the dash in your car with the recently spun motor was it ?:D

With this thinking, Tiger owners should put the temp gauge front and center :D

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
The self cancelling o/d units came in on the series 3, the very series they introduced the warning light. In fact the series 3 has a special light switch with resistors on it so that the od warning light is dimmed at night when the headlights are on. This was not continued on later models.

So they did not remove it on the series v for the reasons you have given, if that was the case it would never have introduced the warning light.

Interesting. I had heard that was the explanation for years and years.

I did add a Roseby OD to my car. It blew up shortly after installing it. Of all things, John was going to be in Lake Tahoe within the year, visiting Carl and Martha. So I shipped it to them. John fixed it and sent it back. It's been perfect ever since.

I did get one of the gray lens lights that match my SV blue/green lights, and put it in the choke hole. I don't have or need a choke with my Webers/Holbay set up.