• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Overdrive Conversion for Alpines...

alpine_64

Donation Time
Kevin,

It will convert a car.. but its not a straight swap to get the J type onto a early series alpine box.. though given this one should have the correct spacer and shaft.. might be a relatively straight swap.. Pitty Paul Norton does not frequent the board anymore.. he had put a J type arrow series box in his SII.

65beam

Donation Time
od conversion

the jenson healey used the fastback/arrow trans . in order to put these transmissions in a series alpine , the input shaft would have to be changed since it is longer . the tail shaft is the same length as an overdrive trans but is also the fine spline so you would need the fine spline front yoke and an od driveshaft . on the fastbacks the trans mount is bolted to the tail shaft housing . would using this od unit allow you to bolt up the alpine trans mount ?

H One-Twenty

Donation Time
The trans mount on a fastback with O/D attaches to the alloy spacer between the transmission and the overdrive unit. I am part way through fitting an O/D from a fastback to my SIV. The car was originally an auto thereby making the job far more complicated than is should be.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Kevin,

It will convert a car.. but its not a straight swap to get the J type onto a early series alpine box.. though given this one should have the correct spacer and shaft.. might be a relatively straight swap.. Pitty Paul Norton does not frequent the board anymore.. he had put a J type arrow series box in his SII.

Michael,

Do you have a contact for Paul Norton?

I havnt abandoned my goal of putting a J-type in the racecar, though its looking too late to happen for this season.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The trans mount on a fastback with O/D attaches to the alloy spacer between the transmission and the overdrive unit. I am part way through fitting an O/D from a fastback to my SIV. The car was originally an auto thereby making the job far more complicated than is should be.

Is this a D type or J type you are installing?