• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Online parts site invite

steveog

Donation Time
As an aid to help my restoration, I've been building an online Tiger and Alpine parts catalog and thought I would share the project with the group. I've had some nice folks help me out by sharing their parts and have a good
starting point.

The site allows anyone to easily add/edit to the online Tiger/Alpine catalog of parts thats already started. As an add-on, I also allow anyone to indicate the parts they have to sell or want based on that catalog of parts and easily trade offline.

Please take a look and let me know if you find this valuable. For further site access, here is a beta invite link to follow - http://foundparts.com/betainvite/demoinvite.

www.foundparts.com

Thanks!
Steve

steveog

Donation Time
Thanks Ron. We use Facebook's registration plug-in as a way to make it easy to register and later sign in. We wanted to build a system where people would have real identities and Facebook allows us to do that.

We are not requesting information other than what is in the registration flow but we should make it more clear that is the case. We could also put in an alternative flow where Facebook is not required. Thanks again for the feedback.

moonracer

Donation Time
I checked it out. Looks great. How does one purchase any parts off the page? I take it for example, if I had parts to sell I could list them here also?

steveog

Donation Time
I checked it out. Looks great. How does one purchase any parts off the page? I take it for example, if I had parts to sell I could list them here also?

Thanks, it is certainly a work in progress and feedback helps to make it better.

To trade a part that already has a catalog item, you click on the name of a person who has or want a part that will bring you to their page of all the parts they have/want. From there, you can contact them to arrange a sale. Right now, it is an offline transaction similar to Craigslist.

If you want to list parts that are not in the 'find parts' page, you can browse the catalog and add a part, which will create a catalog item. From there, you can say you have a part and others will contact you to arrange a sale.

Do you think it would be more useful if we made it easier/more clear to list parts directly? Some enhancements could be number of views for a part you are selling, ability to pay online, etc. if you think those would be useful.