• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

OMG someones been passing the crack pipe!

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I'm suprised by the lack of the "RARE" word in his descriptions. Check the Q and A section in the windshield ad. You have to applaud the frankness of the first inquiry. By this guys calculations the NOS door I have had laying around for the past 36 years should be worth about 10 grand by now.:D Jeff

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I'm suprised by the lack of the "RARE" word in his descriptions. Check the Q and A section in the windshield ad. You have to applaud the frankness of the first inquiry. By this guys calculations the NOS door I have had laying around for the past 36 years should be worth about 10 grand by now.:D Jeff

I'm gonna go with the "bumpded his head" theory...

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Is this guy back AGAIN? Did someone without a clue actually buy a Sunbeam part last time and validate his pricing?

dmich2

Donation Time
This gentleman has obviously been watching and/or has Tivo'ed every Jackson-Barrett telecast on ESPN and deducted from the lack of Sunbeam's....................they are very rare. I too love the question answer section...:D

Dennis

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Like I have almost been giving my parts away.Must stop that as I must have a fortune out in the shed and didn't even know

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm going to ask this guy to sell my Humber on ebay - clearly my $3,500 asking price is way too low. I'm now thinking $35,000!! :rolleyes:

Nickodell

Donation Time
Fair's fair, guys; he does say "Or best offer." I think I'll offer $50 for the whole lot. Wonder if he'll reply.

65beam

Donation Time
ebay items

when selling something , it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.to cheapskates , these items aren't worth much but to someone that wants them and doesn't know where to go for parts the price is fair. watch ebay and look at some of the prices items are sold for. in the sales game ,start high and sell it for a price the customer thinks is fair and you'll make money.that's what he's doing. plus he's smiling all the way to the bank !

RootesRacer

Donation Time
My original point was that the windshield he was selling, had its shipping cost, right around what a new windshield costs, and that the actual windshield was nearly an order of magnitude more than a new one.

Someone who wants to sell stuff for big money like that really ought to at least look into if the part is available new somewhere before trying to con someone into thinking its far more rare or unavailable than it really is.

Its kind of a double edge sword.
Part of me wants the value of the parts to be that high so the car values will appreciate, the other part of me knows what that will do when I need a part for my car...

jmthehermit

Donation Time
RootesRacer makes a good point, likely shared by a majority of Sunbeam owners. The seller is grossly uninformed and his price structure is based on greed aimed at equally uninformed buyers. Any Sunbeam owner, over the course of ownership, eventually builds a parts stash. I can match his list no problem even with multiples of some items. He is not selling any unique or hard to find items. I think he deserves the light hearted bashing he's getting.:D:D:D Jeff

howard

Donation Time
5 years ago, when I first bought my Sunbeam, I could've been easily duped into buying some of these parts. Since then, I've learned that part of this whole experience is to establish reputable dealers (and individuals like I've dealt with on this forum) from which to compare prices and quality. I've still got a ways to go to learn half what I need to know... but after having been "bit" by a couple of dealers, I'm learning.

I had a HEARTY LAUGH at this guy and his justification for sky-high prices!:D

H

HookahJoe

Rare Alpine Glass

Maybe this guy should do the classic Ebay shipping B.S.
Just charge $100 for the glass and then $1400 for the shipping... I have a spare windshield on the floor in my garage for my S1...thats pure Ebay gold baby!!

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
For what he is hoping to get, you think he'd read up and at least be able to answer a few questions about the items. I love that he is like Shultz in the old Hogan's Heros - "I know nnnnnothing!" and says "ask an expert, not me"

Tom