• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Old Number 37 goes on the rotisserie today

Chasedan

Donation Time
Hello All,
My series IV (B9400037) is going on the rotisserie today. It will be sand blasted and any bad metal is going to be replaced. The car will be repainted its origial color - Embassy Black. Hopefully in a few days the shell will be ready for the engine and tranny to go back in.
Most of the locals around here have never seen an Alpine. It will be fun to watch the heads turn.

It has been suggested that I rearrange the "SUNBEAM" letters on the front and rear of the car to spell "MEANBUS". And when the car is completed, the letters get rearranged back to "SUNBEAM" in a christening ceremony.

Any thoughts? Am I too obsessed?
Chasedan

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think you'd have to drill some extra holes in the bootlid to spell "MEANBUS." I wouldn't do it. :D:D:D

Nickodell

Donation Time
Add ALPINE and you could have more fun. For example:

If your wife is a rotten cook: Banal Pie Menus

If you're into S & M: Anneal Me Pubis

lemansvk

Donation Time
When I first got my SIII it was an UNBEAM

You could think about finding an 'I' from a Hillman and making it a SINBEAM