• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oiling Wheel Bearings?

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I caught a few minutes yesterday of Cut, Chop, Rebuild on Speed Channel. They were working on a Camaro, but what really caught my eye was a two second clip of someone squirting what looked like oil on wheel bearings before putting them on the front suspension. There was no voice over to go with that clip, but they were definitely not packing grease into them. Is there an alternative to bearing grease?

Pumpkin

Donation Time
wheel bearings

It may have been that old sticky stuff, I can't remember it's name ,, oah heck . STP...!! We used to squirt a little to get the grease started,, just before the 1/4 miler for two -three runs. Much more than that and you are taking your bearings in hand..:eek:
My 2.p
Chuck