• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oil filter cover decal finished!!

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

Thanks to Lance (aka Bazil Brush)in Australia who sent me his original cover, halfway round the world, for me to copy, here is the result. Exactly as the original in size type face and position.

View attachment 2025

View attachment 2026

I hope you likey

I have 15 decals left over. Once they are gone, they are gone. PM me if interested. I'll be posting in the for sale section and on ebay so it's first come first served. I have to cover the print and studio time I spent on this not to mention the postage to and from Australia! To do this I have to ask $28 per but this includes postage world wide.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
decal

Hi Limey,

Nice work, they look great. Is the decal like a vinyl type sticker? It looks like it is all die cut. Do you have any idea how long they will last in the engine bay with the oil and heat? I would like one but I just worry what may happen to the sticker after one summer of running the car.

Regards,
Andrew

Limey

Donation Time
Hi Andrew and thanks.

Its not a vinyl sticker. To get it looking as per original they are in fact rub downs which are a type of transfer, pressure applied using a burnishing tool like they do with gold leaf.

I don't know how long they will last to be honest but they stand normal handling no problem. I was going to clear lacquer (semi-gloss) over the top if the first one showed signs of wear.

I have a damaged one which i will rub down and then test to destruction with petrol, oil and see how scratch resist it is.

All the best,

Oliver

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oliver,
Do you have a Corel Draw vector file of it? If not, do you have any files used to make them? If not, could you do a high res scan of the sticker?
Jan

alpine_64

Donation Time
Oliver,
Do you have a Corel Draw vector file of it? If not, do you have any files used to make them? If not, could you do a high res scan of the sticker?
Jan

Now jan.. why would you want those.. you can just buy one of the rub downs :p