• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oem Rootes Manuals

echo1

Donation Time
Hi Guys,

As I said in my last post here, besides parts, I got a bunch of service manuals, flat rate books, parts/accessories catalogues, order forms and a Husky Owners manual (or it was from my first Husky?). All OEM Rootes. Took some pictures of them today. They're from '56 to '59 model years. I haven't looked at them for a few decades. Didn't all fit, so there's a second post with more. This isn't all of them, I have a few duplicates. Enjoy, PAX

NOTE: THIS IS A RHD SCHEMATIC

THIS WAS THE LAST ORDER MADE BEFORE THE GENTLEMAN PASSED

CHECK OUT THE MARKETING DEPARTMENTS SALES PUSH

Last edited:

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
I'd love to browse a flat rate manual for a late series Alpine...Wonder how long they allowed to R/R a gas tank....or a starter..or a windshield.

I REALLY wish I had a time machine, so I could go back and spend a day or 2 at the factory and watch them put these cars together.

65beam

Donation Time
manuals

I have "man hour schedules" for the cars. they list 1 hour for gas tank R & R regardless of series. early alpine starter was 1 hour and 35 minutes, series 5 book shows 55 minutes. a tiger starter was 20 minutes. the alpine difference was probably due to difference in exhaust. windshield was 4 hours and 30 minutes regardless of series. the 1962 book shows a labor rate of $5.50 to $10.00 per hour and also in sterling. the 1966 book doesn't show labor rates.

echo1

Donation Time
I have "man hour schedules" for the cars. they list 1 hour for gas tank R & R regardless of series. early alpine starter was 1 hour and 35 minutes, series 5 book shows 55 minutes. a tiger starter was 20 minutes. the alpine difference was probably due to difference in exhaust. windshield was 4 hours and 30 minutes regardless of series. the 1962 book shows a labor rate of $5.50 to $10.00 per hour and also in sterling. the 1966 book doesn't show labor rates.

These are some late '50s shop rates. The manuals range from '54 to '59 model years. No Alpines. PAX

65beam

Donation Time
manuals

the book I have that is dated 1962 gives hours for husky, minx ,super minx ,rapier, alpine, gazelle, vogue and comer cob. the 1963 book lists alpine, gazelle, hawk, husky, cob, minx, rapier, scepter, super minx, super snipe and vogue. the 1966 book lists alpine, gazelle 6, hawk, rapier, sceptre ,super minx, super snipe and imperial, tiger and vogue. it also gives hours for new vehicle prep, de-waxing, 500 mile free service and service thru 12000 miles. it's interesting to compare R&R of common things like changing a head light versus today's cars. these books show a time of 15 minutes for all models and my wife's new chevy requires 1 1/2 hours to change a head light bulb. the older manuals, etc that you have are even more interesting reading.

Bikesandfires

Donation Time

Interesting information.. Thanks for sharing