• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

October in Arizona

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
While the rest of our Alpine Bretheren and Sisteren are prepping for another long cold winter, Arizona Sunbeam owners, friends and invited guests are invited to attend the Vintage Races at Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale Arizona on Sunday 25 October. We will meet in the same area as the Spring event. (Pit area at the end of the main straight, just before the entry to Turn One.) Ed has been kind enough to have us back. Remember, there is track time available when the races break for lunch. Last time Dave and Rex did us all proud. This time I'll leave the camera in the trunk and take Series 6 out. Can't have the Tucson contingent have all the fun...

This time we'll have some sort of schedule (so no one gets left behind, accidently) as well as directions to Taste of Italy Pizza and then to Casa Del Alpine to hang out before heading back home. Attendees are encouraqged to bring parts to swap, trunks of handshakes to greet friends, stories halftruths and outright lies to tell, etc. Might be able to get Rex and Dave to do a presentation about their adventures at SUNI.

We ended up with 5 cars and about 14 attendees in Spring. We'd love to get 10+ cars this go round. If you're interested in coming and are not an Arizonan, PM me and I'll send out our 32 page application for invitation, or you can just show up on 25 October at PIR.

Be there or be square. :D:cool::cool:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The weather was great. Typical of Arizona this time of year. :cool: We had two Alpines from Tucson, two from Phoenix plus a stunning Tiger Mk II also from Phoenix.... All five cars got track time in. :eek: Pictures to follow.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
http://community.webshots.com/album/575250881MdZooQ

Well, that was fun.....

The second Sunbeam gathering at PIR was a blast. From Tucson we had Dave Green and Sprout, with Lou Bright as Navigator and Videographer, and Rex Funk. From Phoenix came Robert Wright and his Black Cherry Alpine and Richard Schulte with his multiple award winning MkII Tiger, and I. We should have an award for stubborn determination. Member Jim Dimond made it in time for the traditional after event pizza.

We had 100% participation for track time. It was cool to have all five cars in line going thru the pits on the way to the start line. We got some nice comments from track officials and people in the pits. What I thought was a handling/vibration issue turned out to be Jim Dimond calling me on my cel which was on vibrate. :)o embarrassed blush :eek:)