• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Notek Nearlite Bluespot Fog Lights Marked Rootes

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I agree, they are Humber. Not sure if they are Hillman, but definitely Humber.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks guys. I didn't want them, I was just curious about them, since I knew they weren't right for our cars.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
The photo below is of Ol Blue with the Notek driving lights.

Attachments

• Insurance Photos 003-1.jpg
    Insurance Photos 003-1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 43

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Notek's look very good on your car.

I think the only officially advertised fog/spots were shown in a later accessories brochure - I don't believe the earlier accessory brochures listed or pictured fog/spot lamps. Here's what they show as 'factory' options in that later brochure (which I believe illustrates an early SIV Alpine):

SunbeamFogSpot.jpg

From brochure #63205 A, which I believe may have been produced on Friday, July 26, 1963.

Rootes 66

Donation Time
Hi All
Noteks were produced as an accessory for use on all Rootes vehicles, but what everyones failed to mention is they were for badge bar mounting, I agree they don't look great on the Alpines, but then any Driving lamps spoil the lines for me.
The pair on Ebay have the bases missing.
Pete

Jim other business in hand, I haven't forgot you.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
The lamps in the ad look like Lucas L576.

They might be, Tony, but Lucas 576's didn't have a chrome rim around them, but instead held the glass in with small bracket and screw at the base.

I think perhaps they look more like either the Rootes-branded lamps (I think they were actually made by Wipac and re-branded "Rootes"?)... or perhaps they are Lucas CFT/CLR 700S units.

alpine_64

Donation Time
They might be, Tony, but Lucas 576's didn't have a chrome rim around them, but instead held the glass in with small bracket and screw at the base.

I think perhaps they look more like either the Rootes-branded lamps (I think they were actually made by Wipac and re-branded "Rootes"?)... or perhaps they are Lucas CFT/CLR 700S units.

I have always found that brouchure a little odd. Rootes listed the LUMAX D1 and F1 driving and Fog for SI, the SII used the smaller Lumax lamps and some time during the SII production a Lumax 5.5 with "ROOTES' in the centre was produced which was used until the end, there were 3 tyres, 2 used on alpines one with a vertical mount, 1 with a angles mount and a rear mount one for humbers etc..

As a side note all works alpine and tigers ran Lucas spots and fogs..

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I have just found the lamps that were fitted to my 1964 Series 4 GT when I bought it 40 years ago. They are Wipac Stainless 562's and were mounted on the bumper.