• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS Sunbeam carpet

65beam

Donation Time
carpet

eric, i tried to talk jean into buying these pieces but she had a good point. they would only be good to put on display and there is no room in the hutch to put them . has john been buying lately ?

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
John has "discovered" Sparto switches. He also outbid me on 2 NOS rear tailights I needed for my Husky. I think he has bought all of the 3 eared gas caps available in the free world as well....!

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Please, folks, don't encourage this guy to buy any more parts. True, a person's money is his to do with as he wishes but let's remember there is a finite quantity of NOS parts remaining for our cars. Anything John Green buys is doomed to be hoarded away in his 'Rootes Museum', meaning it's no longer available to be used on a car. Until his passing, that is, when his family will probably sell them for pennies on the dollar. I know a number of guys who have pleaded with him to get a part they need and he's refused - even though he's got a stack.

Okay, okay ............. some of us are (a little) guilty of squirreling away a few rare bits. But this guys obsession is harmful to the marque as he'll bid stupid money just to get something. He doesn't NEED it. He just want's it. After all, how many 3-eared caps, headlight rims, taillights, marker assemblies, etc. does he want?

Oops! Maybe this reply should have been posted in the Rants & Manifestos section a little further down. Eh?

Mark

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Amen brother, preach it! :)

Please, folks, don't encourage this guy to buy any more parts. True, a person's money is his to do with as he wishes but let's remember there is a finite quantity of NOS parts remaining for our cars. Anything John Green buys is doomed to be hoarded away in his 'Rootes Museum', meaning it's no longer available to be used on a car. Until his passing, that is, when his family will probably sell them for pennies on the dollar. I know a number of guys who have pleaded with him to get a part they need and he's refused - even though he's got a stack.

Okay, okay ............. some of us are (a little) guilty of squirreling away a few rare bits. But this guys obsession is harmful to the marque as he'll bid stupid money just to get something. He doesn't NEED it. He just want's it. After all, how many 3-eared caps, headlight rims, taillights, marker assemblies, etc. does he want?

Oops! Maybe this reply should have been posted in the Rants & Manifestos section a little further down. Eh?

Mark

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I can understand people keeping parts they will one day need but to keep a vast quantities of parts they will never use I do not understand.

One day this guy will pass and suddenly all these parts will become available.

alpine_64

Donation Time
If he wants to keep the parts good on him.. he has outbid me a bunch of times. I have always wanted a SII 3 eared gas cap, he has a bunch that will never be put on his car.. not happy about it, but oh well. I guess at least he is buying them because HE wants it.

I probably have less of an issue with that than people who go round buying parts on ebay in the UK then brigning them over to resell at hugely inflated prices, especially as they are often doing it to "supply" requested parts. I buy parts for my cars, i keep slected spares of consumable parts, and as an enthusiats i help put people in contact with others who have parts. I do not ask for commisinos, i do not make money on the dealings.. all this does is push prices up and undermines the spirit of the "community".

I am sick of seeing parts "sold on" at crazy prices..

65beam

Donation Time
nos carpet

eric,
jean let me buy the nos carpet . i'm curious about the color of the blue piece . so we'll see what it looks like .