• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NOS bumpers

65beam

Donation Time
being nos doesn't mean the chrome is in good shape. i had nos bumpers for my 69GT, but i had to have them replated before using them and also had to have the stamping marks removed . 300.00 is a good price paul. is it double or triple plate ?

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
$1100 is insane money, especially since you can get a nice set of cores for hundreds less and have a nicer finish than original. Scott is/was selling a lot of NOS parts but I have to question whether these were truly NOS. TT was doing A LOT of plating in the '70's and '80's and the wrapping shown in the pic makes me suspect these were a re-do.

Bob, you ain't gonna get Librandi quality at $300. But that's why you're (still?) planning a pilgrimage there this month, yes?

Mark ..... volvoguys

65beam

Donation Time
talked to them this morning .we'll be out there probably the last weekend of this month due to the wife's call schedule at the hospital. bumpers turned out to be 425.00 each plus 85.00 each for the bumper overiders .their quality is hard to beat . i'm anxious to see how the wing window pieces turned out .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Do you have contact information for them? I need a nice set for my project. That's within my budget.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I'd be interested in contact too. I need to do the bumpers at some point, and I have several bits for my 49 and 38 MGs to do.

agmason

Donation Time
Where are you guys sending parts to be chromed?

If those bumpers are truly NOS the wrappers should have Rootes printing or sitckers with stock numbers.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I had both my S1 bumpers & overiders chromed for a total cost of $300. They were in decent shape when I delivered them (no serious rust or damage). They look very nice and would be considered to be double chromed since my guy does not have a copper tank. He uses nickel & chrome for the final finish. He does not have the capability to straighten bumpers so you would have to send him bumpers that are in the condition you want him to chrome. Same with the overriders. His name is David and his company is Eagle Plating located at 108 E Rusk St., Jacksonville, TX 75766 903.589.0858Tell David I sent you and he will give you the SAOCA rate! PM me if you need any more info. I have no material interest in David's plating business.

Rick Guest
1960 Series 1
1967 Series 5

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Librandi can be found on the web at www dot carchrome dot net.

You can find plenty of platers that'll cover your parts in chrome, but if you want the absolute best you can get - go to Todd Librandi. He gets SERIOUS parts from all over the planet and his chrome graces more AACA Senior Grand National Champions than anyone in the biz. I have no connection to him other than when he's done plating for me. Ain't cheap but well worth the quality.

Mark

65beam

Donation Time
dude,
having known scott for many years, i doubt that he would misrepresent anything that he sells . i have many nos parts that are not in the original wrappers or packaging . it falls apart after a few years . i have reboxed and rewrapped many parts in order to protect them .

the plating shop that i use is located in middletown ,pa. the name of the shop is LIBRANDI'S . their phone number is 717-944-9442 . the quality of their work is fantastic ! just don't expect it overnight .the bumpers that mark and i talked about were dropped off 11/07/08 . they have done both plating and polishing for me . for those that saw my 69 at the invasion , the bumpers are nos items that they replated . i have no connection to them other than being very satisfied with their work . i drop my items off myself since i make several trips a year to the harrisburg area but i have also shipped parts to them by ups . they also fabricated a few parts for one of my harringtons .

john p

Donation Time
I was watching these as well. In fact, I bid on them up to $550 but after that, it got to rich for my blood. Does anyone have a good rechromer in the Michigan area?

66Tiger

Donation Time
I was watching these as well. In fact, I bid on them up to $550 but after that, it got to rich for my blood. Does anyone have a good rechromer in the Michigan area?

It's been a while but I have used Fini Finish in Warren. They are good...but $$$$$

http://www.fini-finish.com/

There used to be a place in Romulus that did bumpers and stuff at a reasonable cost...but they seem to have dropped off the map and I can't recall the name.

I will be going to the Detroit Autorama today and plan on seeing if there are any chrome platers there, I have a couple things I need plated.

Paul

agmason

Donation Time
beam,

Try reading some of the prior posts next time you respond. You will find this statement made by volvoguy before I wrote my note:

"Scott is/was selling a lot of NOS parts but I have to question whether these were truly NOS. "

I never said Scott was not selling NOS. My comment was that there should be Rootes marking on the wrapping if NOS. If the factory wrapping is missing then you have to trust the seller. You trust Scott, that is great! I have no opinion one way or the other since I never bought anything from him. Although, I have met and talked to him at the Invasion.

65beam

Donation Time
dude,
you're confusing sunbeam scott with series 3 scott. sunbeam scott lives near lancaster,pa and is not a member of saoca . i understand what mark said but again i believe what scott says since this is part of the stash that he had for use when he was in the tiger restoration business . for many years we had the bash at scott's home and he has always had quite a stash .and if you believe that a part is not nos simply because it doesn't have the wrapper or tag ,get real. i'm waiting to see what else he puts up for sale . that's all i have to say on this subject .get real!!

agmason

Donation Time
beam,

" if you believe that a part is not nos simply because it doesn't have the wrapper or tag ,get real. i'm waiting to see what else he puts up for sale . that's all i have to say on this subject .get real!!"

Once again, why don't you take the time to read and comprehend what I write. Then you can "get real!" instead of making inane comments on what I write. You bring up multiple "Scott" and I have no idea what you are talking about. Do you have any idea yourself?

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hello everybody, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Scott Christie. I go by "Series3Scott" on this forum. For the record, I'm not selling NOS stuff on ebay right now, I've never lived in Pennsylvania or been involved in Tiger restorations, and I have no idea how or why I got dragged into this! :confused: