• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Non Rootes seats

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I never cared for the way high back seats look in the Alpine and wanted something I could use with a tonneau by removing the headrests. (Although I confess it never occurred to me to pull them forward and recline them. :eek:) The seats I bought for my V6 are the Miata M-Edition seats with a separate headrest that were only used in 1995. Mine are fairly rough and will need to be recovered. When I do that I will probably get something made that looks a little more like the stock seats. Someday, I look forward to posting photos of the installation. In the meantime, here is a picture I found online of the M-Edition seats like mine:

Hillman

Gold Level Sponsor
I'd love a pair like the M-edition. Doubt I can find any up here.

I put a straight edge across the doors of my SII with stock seats in the full back position. From the "door height" to where the seat back meets the bottom was just less than 17 inches. Granted that when my fat ass is in the seat is goes down a lot. 19 inches seems really good. If I had to, it's a lot easier to make them higher than lower.

I think I'll give it a try.

Thanks to all contributors.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I'd love a pair like the M-edition. Doubt I can find any up here.

Don't give up too easily. They were only available in the US for one year, but I think I recall someone saying Canada got them for longer. I know they were available in the European market for a while.