• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

NO RESERVE 66 Series V Alpine Up For Auction on BaT Now

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Looks and sounds nice. Without being nit picky, the owner states he has the horn ring and should
have installed it prior to the auction. Just looks weird without it.
That said, it presents well and am interested to see where this goes.
Cheers!
Steve

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Some of the posters on BaT are making this out to be a $20K Alpine. I dunno. It's very pretty up top with lots of nice touches. But when I look at the underneath photos.... This California Alpine's been parked on the beach a few times, judging from the discoloration. Part of the cruciform has been shored up by braces. And the owner bought much-needed a-arm bushings from SS but didn't have them installed. Figure on a couple grand to have the front suspension done right. The front sway bar was missing when the photos were taken - but easily replaceable. It's still a very nice Alpine for the enthusiast to drive and enjoy, but as a collector car/investment I'd think twice.

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The one guarantee with rust is the more you look the more you find. Rust is difficult to fix and expensive. Some of the so called repairs are crude and unsafe at best. The current bid of $11,500 is way more than it is worth in my opinion. Looking at the photos the completed engine bay is painted red and in the assembly photos it is black. Also the engine looks different. Speedo cable in not connected.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Bring a Piñata :) good on you all for not chiming in there.
Don't know how much of a comparable sales information source BaT is as the last 2 of the last 3 Tiger's were defaulted on by the high bidder. I understand that the second position bidder picked up the deal. As for that white one with the red interior, the guy got it to Texas and then immediately put it up on Fakebook Tiger page for sale.....
What's that say do you think? everything looks better in pictures...

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Well had a second cup of coffee and went back to look at this thing I remember thinking the first time wow I've done that.

Not the hack drill a hole through the X frame and then bolt on some plates. The taking a black spray paint rattle can and fogging the bottom of a car to make it look a little less old back in my Volkswagen bus days...;)

Alpaholic

Donation Time
Auction Result
Winning Bid USD $16,500 by JHunt7336
Auction Ended June 4, 2021 at 2:52PM PT
Bids 18
7,400 views | 713 watchers

The last 2 minutes of bidding took about a 1/2 hour!
Maybe it's time for mine to go on the block.
Maybe.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's a lot of dough for a rusty pile there's already another resale red car on BaT .
Formerly 58

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
Hey, all our cars should be in this price range. Look at NADA's value - 17k+ low retail to 44k+ high retail.
I know it's totally unrealistic but there were far less Alpines made compared to MG's or Triumph's which SHOULD make Alpines more valuable (I wish).

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Put a Dodge in your garage cuz that's where it is all the time in the garage or put Morris in its garage also known as Morris Garage ;)

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would say the car to the uninitiated looks nice in the external photos... Presented well...if you know the cars the interior is not right and there are worrying sins under the car... But.. They are shown in the pictures..... The buyer probably stuck to the nice waterfront shots and imagined the costal cruise....

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey, all our cars should be in this price range

I've been saying this for years. If you put the MGB and the Alpine side by side, the Alpine is such
a nicer car than the B could ever be. I've converted many "B" owners to Alpine over the years and they
tell me they'll never go back. All said and done, the B was just marketed better.

alpine_64

Donation Time
All said and done, the B was just marketed better.
Not sure even that.. MG had always had a reputation as a sporting brand in usa.. TC TF MGA... Sunbeams first attempt the Mark Alpine had no real impact .... Thr series alpine also was ahead of the trend.. Being a comfort personal sports car.... Maybe 3 years ahead of its time...