• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

no fire coming out of coil

bbonner

Donation Time
brand new coil and electronic ignition ignitor and still not able to start car. Change ignition switch still not running. Out of suggestions.

bbonner

Donation Time
yes my son has one and bring it over. Do we have to have a special coil....we used a regular coil that was on the car I believe when we changed to the electronic ignition. Nothing special just a 12 volt. Somewhere we read it needs to have 3 oms not sure of spelling is that a special coil

RootesRacer

Donation Time
First of all you have another thread talking of changing the battery polarity.
Have you done this yet?

What pertronics unit (polarity) do you have?

What specific coil do you have?

Get these answers and we can proceed.

bbonner

Donation Time
we had a short and we were going to change to negative but decided against it. My car is finally running again. Had to replace distributor cap and rotor. Also had the generator rebuilt. So with all the new parts I should be all set for a while. Thanks to everyone for your help as usual.

bbonner

Donation Time
Now that we decided to keep the car positive ground we have a negative ground ignitor for the flame thrower....oh well so be it.